Recently I had the opportunity to sample Meyer Lemon Olive Oil from B.R. Cohn. I decided to make a recipe adapted from something I had seen on Yummly.com which was for Meyer Lemon Olive Oil Custard.
The recipe is SO good, the custard is so smooth and creamy, and I thought it would have a strong olive taste, but it really doesn't. The lemon in the oil is so powerful that it really tasted like lemon oil.
Meyer Lemon Olive Oil Custard (adapted from this recipe at Yummly.com)
- 3 whole eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons Meyer lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Meyer Lemon Olive Oil
- Place all ingredients but the olive oil in a high-speed blender (capable of generating frictional heat above 160 F).
- Turn the blender on to its highest setting and process for 4 minutes.
- While continuing to run on high speed, pour in the olive oil and blend for an additional 90 to 105 seconds until you can see the custard firming up on the sides.
- The custard can be refrigerated for up to three days or frozen for longer storage. When defrosted, it will return to the same creamy consistency as when fresh.
|Photo Courtesy of Yummly.com|
The end result is a delicious custard that was SO simple to make!