My family has always been a fan of Malt-O-Meal cereals. Priced at just under $5 for a HUGE bag..check out Riley in comparison to the bag size! I usually buy about 5 bags a month and know my kids are stocked in the cereal department, especially because they will eat it around 3-4 times a day!
When compared to leading brands, Malt-O-Meal saves me over 50% of the cost of cereal, and with 28 varieties everyone is sure to find a favorite!
- Apple Zings
- Berry Colossal Crunch
- Berry Colossal Crunch with Marshmallows
- Blueberry Mini Spooners
- Blueberry Toasters
- Chocolate Marshmallow Mateys
- Chocolatey Colossal Crunch
- Cinnamon Toasters
- Cocoa Roos
- Cocoa Dyno Bites
- Colossal Crunch
- Corn Bursts
- Crispy Rice
- Frosted Flakes
- Frosted Mini Spooners
- Fruity Dyno Bites
- Golden Puffs
- Honey Buzzers
- Honey Graham Toasters
- Honey Nut Scooters
- Marshmallow Mateys
- Raisin Bran
- Oat Blenders with Honey
- Oat Blenders with Honey & Almonds
- Strawberry Cream Mini Spooners
- Tootie Fruities
The Malt-O-Meal website also offers several recipes to try with the cereals! This one looks so good and I am going to give it a try soon!
Malt-O-Meal Stuffed Chicken
- 4 pieces chicken breast, bone in with skin on
- 6 cups Malt-O-Meal Colossal Crunch cereal, lightly crushed
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 3 links chicken sausage, apple/maple flavored
- 1/2 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- 1/2 large apple, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 cup fresh bread cubes or pieces
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Wash chicken breasts and pat dry. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Sauté onion and celery in oil in a skillet until tender and clear.
- Remove casings from sausage and crumble into skillet. Sauté until lightly browned. Stir in pepper flakes.
- Place crushed Malt-O-Meal colossal crunch® cereal in bowl and toss with sausage mixture, chopped apple, bread cubes, poultry seasoning and sage.
- Sprinkle stock over stuffing mixture and toss.
- Make a pocket underneath the chicken skin and stuff with stuffing mixture. Repeat for each chicken breast.
- Place remaining stuffing in bottom of baking dish. Place chicken on top. Combine syrup and melted butter and brush top of chicken. Season with additional salt and pepper.
- Bake for 30 minutes covered. Remove cover and bake chicken until golden and internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.