My mom took me over there, and let me pick out my 2 favorites. One was dark chocolate with pink on top, and the other was a milk chocolate with a cocoa powder dusting. I have been a fan ever since. My Birthday and Christmas list always includes a box of Godiva, and I always get them.
Now that my boys are getting a little older and have matured tastes, I knew it was just the right time to introduce them. We were sent several boxes of the new "Truffle-Flights" to sample.
This fall, GODIVA Chocolatier introduces the first-ever Truffle Flights™ collection, an indulgent new tasting experience where every truffle tells a distinct story. With six unique flights featuring a mix of GODIVA's new and most beloved truffles, the collection creates a memorable taste journey that lingers long after the chocolate has deliciously disappeared. Each flight features six hand selected truffles that are placed in order for the ideal tasting experience. Much like you would taste a wine flight, tasting a GODIVA Truffle flight is a progressive exploration of flavors, textures and aromas. Each box offers a deliciously rich taste journey, with a beginning, middle and end that consistently unveils new surprises, experiences and sensations.
The six Truffle Flight Collections include:
- Nut Lovers Truffle Flight: Salted Almond, Hazelnut Crunch, Pecan Caramel, Butterscotch Walnut, Maple Walnut, Pistachio.
- Dark Decadence Truffle Flight: Dark Vanilla Mousse, Chocolate Soufflé, 50% Dark Chocolate, Chocolate Lava Cake, 72% Extra Dark Chocolate, Aztec Spice
- Heavenly Mousse Truffle Flight: Dark Vanilla Mousse, Milk Chocolate Mousse, Strawberry Mousse, Lemon Mousse, Peach Mousse and Café Au Lait Mousse
- Cake Truffle Flight: Birthday Cake, Pineapple Hummingbird Cake, Cheesecake, Red Velvet Cake, Chocolate Lava Cake, Lemon Chiffon Cake.
- Ultimate Dessert Truffle Flight: Chocolate Éclair, Crème Brulee, Red Velvet Cake, Chocolate Lava Cake, Tiramisu, Strawberry Crème Tarte
- Milk Chocolate Lovers Truffle Flight: Chocolate Éclair, Milk Chocolate Mousse, Milk Chocolate, Butterscotch Walnut, Salted Almond, Hazelnut Crunch
The center was creamy, white chocolate and Birthday cake flavored while just outside of that was a melt-in-your-mouth milk chocolate, topped with a white (pink) chocolate coating and sprinkles.
Riley LOVED it, and I did too..since he and I cut it in half and shared it!
Xander chose to try the Chocolate Lava Cake from the Ultimate Dessert Truffle Flight Collection.
This one was beyond good. It has a dark chocolate shell surrounded by dark and milk chocolate goodness on the inside. I love how half of it was solid, and half was not, in true Lava Cake respect.
You can purchase Godiva Truffle Flights online here, or in stores (my nearest location is at the mall!) for about $16.00 a box.