With my kids NOT getting ready to go back to school...well not public school that is..I am in need of a day for ME...stat!
I love to visit the spa, but I can't really afford it. We chose to home school over a two family income. So, my spa days are pretty much smearing the peas from dinner off my face.
I recently was introduced to a few "DIY Spa Treatments" by Hershey's Simple Pleasures.
DIY Beauty Treatments
Inspired by HERSHEY’S SIMPLE PLEASURES Chocolates with Creamy Caramel
The Chocolate Spa DIY Caramel Facial
Recipe provided by The Spa at The Hotel Hershey
· 2 tbsp. Brown Sugar
· 1 tsp. Whole Milk
· 1 tsp. Honey
· 1 tsp. Plain Oatmeal
1. Mix all the ingredients together and apply to the face in circular motions to exfoliate the skin.
2. Leave the mask on for 15 minutes then rinse with warm water.
3. Follow with a mild cleanser.
Why it works:
ü Brown sugar exfoliates and hydrates the skin.
ü Honey prevents skin dehydration and is also a natural antiseptic.
ü Oatmeal removes dirt and oil from the pores.
ü Milk’s amino acids moisturize and smooth the skin.
Caramel Hair Treatment
Recipe provided by HowDoesShe
· 6 tbsp. Honey
· 6 tbsp. Olive Oil
· 2 overripe Bananas
· 3 tbsp. Molasses
· 1 tbsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
· 1-2 tbsp. Cornstarch
· 1 tsp. Wheat Germ Oil
- Blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- Pour the mixture through a strainer and into a saucepan. Place the pan on medium heat and stir constantly until the mixture forms a thick batter (you may need to add water during this process to get the consistency you want).
- Let the mixture cool and divide your hair into 3-4 sections, each secured with a clip. Apply the cooled mixture to your hair, starting at the roots and then spreading down to the ends.
- Once your hair is completely coated by the caramel treatment, cover it with a plastic hair cap and let it sit for 1-2 hours (or overnight for extra dry hair).
- Wash, condition, and style your hair as usual. You can freeze the extra mixture for future use. Your hair will love its soft, gorgeous makeover.
On to the giveaway!
One reader is going to win a prize pack that consists of:
- Sample of HERSHEY’S SIMPLE PLEASURES Caramel
Salted Caramel scented Yankee Candle
- Gel Eye Coolers
- Caramel Colored nail polish
- Small bowl
- Rolled Oats
- Domino Light Brown Sugar
a Rafflecopter giveaway
*Disclosure: I received information about HERSHEY’S SIMPLE PLEASURES Milk Chocolate with Creamy Caramel products and items for the DIY Caramel Facial from The Hershey Company. All expressed opinions are my own