- Pompeian Grapeseed Oil: an all-natural cooking oil rich in Vitamin E and antioxidants with one of the highest smoke points, perfect for prepping your grill to prevent your food from sticking, plus its light flavor won't disrupt food while cooking.
- Pompeian OlivExtra Mediterranean Blend: a healthy combo of canola, extra virgin and grapeseed oil, representing key components of the Mediterranean diet, this blend is perfect for everything from salads to grilling marinades.
- Pompeian Olive Oils: ranging from the rich and robust taste of EVOO to extra light tasting offering a variety of flavors to enhance any grilling dish, salad or marinade. Pompeian olive oils are also the first to receive the North American Olive Oil Association seal and Pompeian Extra Virgin Olive Oil is the first olive oil to attain the USDA Quality Monitored seal.
- Pompeian Vinegars: including America's best selling red wine vinegar, plus an extensive selection of wine and balsamic vinegars perfectly suited for vinaigrettes, dressings and marinades when paired with its family of oils.
OlivExtra® Original, our innovative blend of Extra Virgin olive oil and canola oil as well as OlivExtra® Plus with added Omega-3 DHA.
Make all of your recipes better with Pompeian olive oils for sautéing, grilling, baking, frying, roasting and in salads, soups, sauces, and marinades.
This is one of my favorite grilling recipes, created with the help of Hungry Girl (Lisa Lillien).
AVG. RATING Rate this Recipe
Makes 4 servings
1. To make the sauce, place 3 tbsp. mustard in a medium bowl. Add oil and garlic powder, and whisk until uniform. Cover and refrigerate.
2. To make the marinade, in a small bowl, combine vinegar with remaining 2 tbsp. mustard. Stir until uniform.
3. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Place chicken and marinade in a large sealable plastic bag. Remove as much air as possible and seal. Gently knead marinade into chicken through the bag. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
4. Meanwhile, if using wooden skewers, soak them in water for 20 minutes to prevent burning. (You'll need four.)
5. Alternately thread marinated chicken and onion chunks onto four skewers.
6. Bring a grill to medium-high heat.
7. Brush both sides of the kebabs with the sauce. Grill kebabs for 5 minutes with the grill cover down.
8. Flip kebabs and grill with the cover down for 6 - 8 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Enjoy!
1/4th of recipe (1 kebab): 215 calories, 8.5g fat, 460mg sodium, 4g carbs, 0.5g fiber, 2g sugars, 26.5g protein
Created by Hungry Girl. For more tips & tricks from Hungry Girl, sign up for free daily e-mails: http://www.hungry-girl.com/.
On to the giveaway! One reader is going to win 2 VIP coupons for Pompeian products!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclosure: I received one or more of the products mentioned in this post to help facilitate my review. All opinions are mine and I was not influenced in any way.